About Me

My photo
Wife and Mom, trying to keep up with work (from home), family, friends & hobbies. Doing better at some things than others... ;)

Friday, October 29, 2010

Toys at school...

The little man has balked at being referred to as Bug (although I call him Bug AAAAAALLLLLL the time IRL) so I asked him what he would prefer.  He tossed a few suggestions like Lax and Wax and Pax out, but then settled on The Little Kung Fu Master Jackie Chan.  Which is a mouthful.  So he will henceforth be known here as TLKFMJC - which is still a mouthful - LKFM, LJC, or most probably, Little Jackie.  ;) 

So, this morning Little Jackie and I were talking over breakfast and he brought up a subject that has come up several times this week.  It went something like this:

LJC:  "Mom, How come everyone at school gets to bring toys but me?" 
Me:  "Huh.  Define 'Everyone'?"
LJC:  "Eeeeeveryone!  Everyone brings toys to school becept me...  Why can't I?  Can I?  When can I bring a toy to school??"

I'm sort of of the mindset that school is for learning and recess is for running.  And there are plenty of toys in the classroom for rainy days.  I've seen them.  I explain this to Little Jackie, who pouts and begs, "Pleeeeeeeease Mom!  Pleeeeeeaaaase can I bring a toy to school?!" 

And, tired of the conversation, I respond with, "I'll think about it."  (PSA to parents...  <---this is a big mistake.)
LJC:  "Do you mean No when you say you'll think about it?"
Me:  "Maybe.  I haven't decided."
LJC:  "Oh.  Ok."

.
.
.
LJC:  "How about now?  Have you decided now?"
Me: "No.  Not yet."
LJC: "Now?"
Me:  "No."
LJC:  "Now?"
Me:  "No."
LJC:  "Now?"
Me:  "Please stop talking..."

Anyway, Fess up... Do you let your kindergartener bring toys from home?  I'm curious to find out if I'm the hardass killjoy he thinks I am. 

1 comment:

  1. My husband has suggested Not Little Bug (NLB) for a BlogName for the little man. ;) I like that, too.

    ReplyDelete